Saturday, January 5, 2013

Making Time To Learn Something New

Back story: I have two older brothers who are 11 and 13 years older than me.  The younger one, Michael, loves to play the guitar.  I remember being 5 or 6, sitting on his bed, listening to him play.  He would always play fun things like the Flintstones theme or other songs I liked.  It's always been one of my favorite early memories.  Ever since then, I've wanted to learn how to play the guitar.  Well, 20 some years later, I am!  Hubby and I talked about getting a joint Christmas present and somehow the topic of guitars came up and he was interested in learning, too.  So we purchased an inexpensive bundle (guitar, case, pitch pipe, pick, extra strings) and a teach-yourself-to-play book and it came in a few days ago. 


I am so excited to learn something new, especially something I've been wanting to do for so long.  It will be fun to learn alongside Aaron, too.  Today I encourage you to do something you've always wanted to do, whether it be learn to play an instrument, go on a trip, or get a book you've been putting off reading!  If you do take that first step in tackling a dream today, please let me know about it in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment