Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Water Marble Nail Design

Happy New Year!  Hubby found and redid a small table for my Christmas present.  I wanted a little table next to my favorite chair in our room and this was absolutely perfect!  I will share before and after shots soon.  Anyway, I keep my nail polish and nail art stuff in this table.  I was so excited about it, I decided to do my nails in a color scheme I've been excited to try (you can click the picture to enlarge).

A month or so ago, I tried water marbling for the first time.  I was really nervous because I've heard that it was hard to get right.  However, I found this tutorial by cutepolish on YouTube and it is awesome.  I got it down the first time and it's worked for me every time I've tried it. 

After a coat of clear polish (I use Sally Hansen Insta-Dri 110), I put on 2 coats of OPI Swimsuit... Nailed It! on all but my ring fingers.  For my ring fingers I put on 2 very thin coats of L'oreal Greycian Goddess, then did a water marble with the blue, grey, and black.  After it all dried, I topped everything with a top coat and voila!  I absolutely love it!!

Have you ever tried water marbling?  What's your favorite color combo for it?

Colors used: OPI Swimsuit... Nailed It!
                     L'Oreal Greycian Goddess
                     Wet n Wild Black Creme


  1. I had no idea there was such a thing! Crazy! I made Dave watch the tutorial with me (after I had already watched it once) and he was just as amazed as I was. How do people think this stuff up?? *lol* Your nails look very pretty!

  2. We had my sister's family over for dinner tonight so I decided to show her this...on myself. It definitely didn't turn out as good as yours but it worked! Yay! I totally forgot to tape my finger first the first time. *lol* I haven't cleaned it up yet so I have a funky looking ring finger tip. Anyway, I need to buy some new polish, the ones that I used are at least 6 months old, I had to go through a few of them before I found some that would spread. It looks cool and was fun, though, I doubt I'll do it often but I'll definitely try again. :) My sister thought it was way cool, too, she is going to try it soon! (She needs to buy new polish, too, all of hers is just as old as mine)