Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Water Marble Nail Design

Happy New Year!  Hubby found and redid a small table for my Christmas present.  I wanted a little table next to my favorite chair in our room and this was absolutely perfect!  I will share before and after shots soon.  Anyway, I keep my nail polish and nail art stuff in this table.  I was so excited about it, I decided to do my nails in a color scheme I've been excited to try (you can click the picture to enlarge).



A month or so ago, I tried water marbling for the first time.  I was really nervous because I've heard that it was hard to get right.  However, I found this tutorial by cutepolish on YouTube and it is awesome.  I got it down the first time and it's worked for me every time I've tried it. 

After a coat of clear polish (I use Sally Hansen Insta-Dri 110), I put on 2 coats of OPI Swimsuit... Nailed It! on all but my ring fingers.  For my ring fingers I put on 2 very thin coats of L'oreal Greycian Goddess, then did a water marble with the blue, grey, and black.  After it all dried, I topped everything with a top coat and voila!  I absolutely love it!!

Have you ever tried water marbling?  What's your favorite color combo for it?

Colors used: OPI Swimsuit... Nailed It!
                     L'Oreal Greycian Goddess
                     Wet n Wild Black Creme

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea there was such a thing! Crazy! I made Dave watch the tutorial with me (after I had already watched it once) and he was just as amazed as I was. How do people think this stuff up?? *lol* Your nails look very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had my sister's family over for dinner tonight so I decided to show her this...on myself. It definitely didn't turn out as good as yours but it worked! Yay! I totally forgot to tape my finger first the first time. *lol* I haven't cleaned it up yet so I have a funky looking ring finger tip. Anyway, I need to buy some new polish, the ones that I used are at least 6 months old, I had to go through a few of them before I found some that would spread. It looks cool and was fun, though, I doubt I'll do it often but I'll definitely try again. :) My sister thought it was way cool, too, she is going to try it soon! (She needs to buy new polish, too, all of hers is just as old as mine)

    ReplyDelete