Friday, May 13, 2011

Decorating with Frames and Free Printables

I believe it was last Thanksgiving that I fell in love with all the free printables that are available online, especially around holidays. I went to the store and bought a cheap frame (it is an 8 x 10 frame with the mat but the picture area is 5 x 7) with a particular Thanksgiving printable in mind. The frame was about $5 but I know you could find one cheaper at a thrift store or dollar store or something (we just don't exactly have an abundance of those here... or any). I put the printable in the frame and decorated around it (I can't remember who I got this exact one from, but I found similar ones here).


And after Ashlyn made a super cute craft, I put that there, too.


Anyway, I loved it so much that I wanted a printable for every holiday! I don't have pictures of any of them between Thanksgiving and now because, well, I didn't think I would blog about it! But it really has been a great addition to my decorating. For example, even though I don't have any other decorations (yet) for St. Patrick's Day, I printed up 2 printables I found (and I promise now that I want to share the different things I put up, I will remember who I get these printables from so I can give credit and you can find them, too), bought a smaller frame, and put them up on our moveable island and completed it with a piece of greenery. Sometimes in the smaller frame I put a picture instead of a printable, like on Mother's Day I had a picture of my mom and me with a beautiful quote in the bigger frame.

I started to miss having something there in between holidays so I found another printable with "Keep Calm and Bake On" to put in the larger frame, put a picture of Ashlyn and me baking together in the smaller one, and put my stress cupcake with it! I bought the stress cupcake at Bake It Pretty, one of my favorite baking supply shops, but as of today I couldn't find it on their site. They have a ton of other great things, though!


I love it. :) It is cheap to do and easy to change for different holidays or moods (and our camera battery charger is nicely hidden behind the big frame ;) )! I am also very much looking forward to having access to thrift stores, dollar stores, craft stores, etc. to decorate this space (and all other spaces) better. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute and simple idea. I love stuff like this!

    ReplyDelete