Friday, January 22, 2010

Book Fan Friday

Three A's and a C

Whoops! I had everything ready to write this last night to post this morning, but completely forgot. Hubby and I had some last minute stuff we had to do online before going to bed and he wanted to watch BBQ Pitmasters and before we knew it, it was 10:30pm! That's late for us and every time we decide to stay up later than usual, Baby Girl wakes up in the middle of the night for some reason. She did not disappoint this time! Oh well. :) This week we read All The Ways I Love You - A Pop-Up Book by Julie Downing.


I think this book is just the sweetest thing. Each page has a pop-up animal (I bet you had some sort of clue about that haha) and says something really cute. Like the first one is a Mama Giraffe and her baby and says "Baby Giraffe asks Mama, 'Do you love me a lot?' And his mama answers, 'I love your every last spot!'" Too cute! Baby Girl loves all the animals (she is now starting to roar - she already neighs and sometimes tweets) but kept trying to pull on the pop-ups. She was just in a paper-ripping mood yesterday, actually. Generally she's really gentle with books and magazines and stuff.

Anyway, if you have found a great book, children's or otherwise, I would love to see what it is and what you thought about it! I will leave the link-up open all week so feel free to join in at any time.

3 comments:

  1. That is so funny that she will wake up when you stay up later that usual, Dawson does the same thing! Last night I was up until 1am pricing hotels and stuff for our trip and sure enough as soon as I laid down he started crying and then again about an hour later. Never fails. *lol*

    That book sounds really sweet. If I see it I think I will have to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same thing happend here last night! I was up till 12h30 catching up on blogs and some work and sure enough I just fell asleep and Mikaela woke up! After about an hour of struggeling to get her back to sleep I finally got to sleep myself. So this morning I thought that she will sleep in a bit - ha ha! no way! She woke up at 6h00!

    Love this little book, seen it in the shops and definately will get it!

    ReplyDelete