Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Sweet Baby Girl

Recently I got the urge to start playing with Baby Girl's hair. So poor thing has to deal with crooked pigtails and stuff because I have no idea what I'm doing! There are some wonderful sites like Babes in Hairland that have wonderful hair styles for kids (including babies) and I've felt inspired. So I broke out some ponytail holders and a comb and got to work. Come to find out, it's not as easy as it looks! :)

My first shot at doing her hair was on Wednesday. I didn't have baby ponytail holders or even a comb small enough to work with on her so I used her baby brush and two of my ponytail holders to do some low pigtails. I knew it wouldn't turn out perfectly, but it was fun just playing around.


Today I had come across a couple of baby ponytail holders and bought a small comb so I decided to try something more advanced. When that didn't work, I just did different pigtails. The right side of her head looks so much better. She sat patiently and let me work on it. The left side... not so much. She started squirming and wanted to get down. She's thisclose to making walking her primary mode of transportation (YAY!) and had bumped it up a notch today so she didn't want to sit for too long.

That has to be the cheesiest smile I've seen on her!


Anyway, I thought I'd share my craptastic baby hairstyles so we can see if I start making any progress down the line! I don't know, though... I told hubby that she looks a lot older with her hair done like that so I might not do it anymore. lol She's super cute, though, even if they are lopsided. :) Do you have any pictures of hairstyles you've done on your children, whether a hit and a miss? I'd love to see them!

4 comments:

  1. Gah that's so cute!! Oh I just wanna pull her little pigtails!! I like the little knots, too. You should do what BabyMama does with her BlogBaby when she's trying to get her to sit still for pictures: use chocolate! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link to Babes in Hairland! I hadn't seen that blog before. My GoGoGirl is 3 and I really do NOT do a good job with her hair... mine's naturally curly so I've always just kept it fairly short and loose, pulled back into a little pony if I'm cleaning or something. So GoGoGirl's straight, fine hair is a mystery to me! Maybe I'll get up the nerve to try something fancy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo cute! I think having her hair in pigtails makes her look a little bit older too, but it is so cute! And I like her cheesy smile. Dawson does that all the time, I love it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so cute! Love it, cannot wait till M's hair is long enough for me to do that!

    ReplyDelete