Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Twist on the Basic Pigtail

I tried something kinda new with Baby Girl's hair today. It's just a little twist on the pigtails I usually do. I got the idea from Babes In Hairland. LOVE that site. :) You can get great directions on that site, but basically you make a top ponytail and have it a little to the left. Then take the rest of the hair and make pigtails, putting the hair from the top ponytail into the left pigtail.

Now, I did not get it done perfectly whatsoever. Baby Girl was squirmy and wanted to play with everything on the bathroom counter. Her part isn't completely straight or anything, but it still turned out pretty cute. I'll definitely be trying it again. Here she is from the front:

The back:

The top:

I also decided to put in some bows, but she never leaves those in for very long:

I figured I'd be better off taking baby steps. I didn't mean to pull the pigtails out all the way, but oh well. Next time I'll try pulling them only part way like on the website. Next I'm going to find something a little more complicated to try. It may wait until after I get back from Disney because I have a lot to do between now and then. We leave in less than 2 weeks!!!! YAY!!!!!

1 comment: