Friday, August 14, 2009

Book Fan Friday

It was a quick trip to the library today. I decided to grab another classic I've always heard about and found Are You My Mother? by P.D. Eastman.


Baby Girl seemed to like it and, for some reason, especially liked the cow. I think one reason I gravitated towards this book is because Baby Girl can say dada, cat, and up among many other sounds but still has only said mama one time. I thought maybe it might help for her to hear it repeated over and over in the book. Everytime it says "mother," I just changed it to "mama." I'm not really expecting that to work or anything, but it couldn't hurt, right? :) It is a pretty adorable little book.

2 comments:

  1. I love that book! It was one of my favorites when I was a kid.

    I bought Dawson a new book today (okay, 5 new books, I couldn't help myself!) Anyway, the one we read today is called Biscuit Visits the Pumpkin Patch by Alyssa Satin Capucilli. It's about a puppy that goes to a pumpkin patch and meets some new friends along the way. Every time it says the word "puppy" I say "doggy" instead because I know that is a word that Dawson understands.

    I think it's a great idea to change it to "mama" instead! I bet mama is going to be her new favorite word soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that book. It is one of my fav books!!

    ReplyDelete