Sunday, July 26, 2009

Book Fan Fri... I mean... Sunday

Well, I'm finally feeling good enough to get out of the house! Yay! So Baby Girl and I went and helped my husband with a cookout for his section at work. Then we all went to the library to grab a book. I wrote down a couple of the books that some wonderful readers recommended but couldn't find them. We have a fabulous library, especially considering where we live, but we just don't have everything. Plus we were all hot and ready to rest in the a/c at home so we didn't look for every book that was listed. I will look for others next week. But we did grab a beautiful, classic book... Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney.

I had to make sure to get Baby Girl playing in the background. :)

I always knew that it is a book loved by many, but this is the first time I've really read it. I L-O-V-E reading it to Baby Girl. Makes me tear up a little. lol Anyway, if you haven't read it to your little ones yet, I highly suggest it. Very, very sweet.

I think it is also making me tear up a little extra today because my little girl turned 10 months old today! How did that happen? I'm really beginning to plan in my head how to decorate the backyard for her party. It will be cooler here in September so it should be nice. It is summer weather in Guantanamo Bay year round... we don't really get a winter, just a milder summer. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to look for that book this week! I don't think I have ever heard of it! Yay! I'm excited!

    Oh, and I love the picture! Ashlyn looks so cute peeking around the corner. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooove children's books. The illustrations are usually incredible.

    ReplyDelete