Thursday, July 2, 2009

It's Never Too Hot For A Picnic!

Things have felt so great now that I have a routine down. Of course I spend LOTS of time with Baby Girl but it feels fabulous to have the house cleaner and to make dinner every night for my family as well. It has helped my self-esteem grow and has helped me better recognize how to seize every moment that comes along and make it extra special.

A few days ago, I was in the kitchen making chicken salad so it could chill in the fridge before making sandwiches when darling husband came home for lunch. Baby Girl was hanging out in her Bumbo (her chubby little legs almost can't fit in it anymore!), playing while I cooked. Well, I thought I had moved her far enough away from the kitchen island, but I guess not! She had grabbed the picnic basket and pulled it down.

Wasn't me!


I showed my husband the pictures and he joked around and told Baby Girl that it was way too hot outside to have a picnic. Well, that may have been true... but it was nice and comfy inside! So I packed a couple of plates, napkins, and some chips in the picnic basket and made some deviled eggs. Hubby brought home some Subway on his way home from work. I laid a blanket out on the living room floor and we had a little indoor picnic. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of that, but I'm sure you can imagine. :)

It was a cute change of pace and was a great family moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment