Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Body After Baby Challenge - 2010's The Year!

MamaNotes

Okay, so I don't know if you remember, but I said I was going to do this Body After Baby Challenge awhile ago. Yeah. That didn't last very long. I could give a million different reasons on why not... it's hard fitting in exercise when you have a child crawling around, it's hard to sit and eat right when you're taking care of said child, those cake pops I just made look way too good to just sit there and look pretty.... but when it comes right down to it, I just didn't do it. I could very well get in exercise by walking more or doing the 30-Day-Shred (I mean, c'mon, it's like 20 minutes, right?), I could easily make a healthy lunch while Baby Girl is napping, etc, etc. But I am not considering it a failure. You only fail if you quit trying, right? Right.

Anyway, so I'm pumped to try this again. I'm ready to feel better about myself. I am only about 12 pounds heavier than I was when I gave birth to my beautiful little girl 15 months ago so I don't have too far to go, but I'm super excited to get there.

My goals are pretty simple. I just want to be and feel healthier as well as feel better about how I look. As wonderful as it would be to look like I did before I got pregnant (funny for me to say since I didn't like the way I looked then, but looking back I looked pretty good!), I know that that may not happen. I know that your body changes while you're pregnant so I'm not going to expect myself to fit into my size 2 low-rise jeans again. Trust me, I won't be sad if that does happen, but I'm just not going to beat myself up about it.

I would love to do the 30 Day Shred workout at least 5 times a week or at least get myself out of the house and take a nice, long walk while pushing Baby Girl in her stroller. I also want to get myself to drink A LOT more water than I do now. I honestly drink very little water so I will be happy with any improvement and I'll work from there.

Well, now that it's out there I think I will be able to stick with it better. Now I just need to go take my measurements and my before pictures... I'll be back with my next Body After Baby post next week!

5 comments:

  1. Cool!

    I'm doing it too! It's my very first time! Let keep each other motivated!

    Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I know you can reach your goal. I have a lot of weight to lose, but to be honest I am not motivated to do anything about it right now. Dave wants to lose some weight so I am hoping that when he gets back we will keep each other motivated and start eating healthier together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I've been there and done that too,and this time I'm determined.

    ReplyDelete