Monday, December 14, 2009

Muffin Tin Monday - Christmas Stories

Muffin Tin Monday at Her Cup Overfloweth

I am pretty excited about this week's theme! We chose to create the tin around The Night Before Christmas.

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. (Pieces of mozzarella/cheddar cheese sticks.)

The moon, on the breast of the new-fallen snow, gave the luster of midday to objects below. (French vanilla yogurt with sprinkles in the shape of the moon.)

When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a miniature sleigh, and eight tiny reindeer. (8 pieces of chicken nugget.)

His eyes - how they twinkled, his dimples how merry! His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry! (Fruit cup with cherries.)

He had a broad face and a little round belly that shook when he laughed like a bowl full of jelly. (Jell-o.)

And the milk? Well, it may not be part of the story, but Santa has to have milk with all those cookies left out for him, right? :)

Head on over to Muffin Tin Mom to see what others did with the theme this week!

8 comments:

  1. Great tin! I love you tie in to the poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tin and GREAT idea! I know that my daughter, Maddie, would LOVE that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was waiting for someone to do this!!! I absolutely LOVE how you tied it all together. I love the last line and accompanying jell-o :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute tin. So great to tie it to the poem.

    ReplyDelete