Tuesday, December 1, 2009

National Pie Day

Welcome to December! Remember a few days ago I said I was going to celebrate a few not-so-well-known holidays throughout 2010? Well, today's the first one (yes, I know it's not 2010 yet, but whatever)...

NATIONAL PIE DAY!

Who doesn't love pie?


I mean just look at that loveliness! Tonight hubby and I will be whipping together a quick apple pie. I'm still not sure whether to make a full pie or cute little apple pie pops. Why don't I have it done already? Well, I still need to run to the store and grab some apples. :)

Another idea I played around with was to not make a sweet pie, but make chicken pot pie for dinner. SUPER yummy!!! One of our favorites. I totally would have made the ridiculously cute pumpkin pie bites if we didn't still have a little bit of leftover pumpkin pie in the fridge. So many options today!

A couple of my favorite sites for pie ideas (well, baking ideas in general) are Bakerella and Bake at 350. Incredible sites! Did you celebrate National Pie Day today? I would love to hear what you did!

So I know you are all just dying to hear what holiday my family and I will be celebrating next. It is....

Friday, December 4th: NATIONAL COOKIE DAY!! Okay, seriously, is this whole random holiday thing going to make me fat? I'll have to make up a National Join a Gym Day... or maybe that's already a day... Anyway, I am hosting a Christmas cookie exchange and have yet to decide on what cookie I am going to take. So I'll pick a cool looking new recipe and try it out that day. I hope you all have a fabulously festive December!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm...pie. Homer Simpson's voice totally popped into my head as I was reading this, and I totally want some pie now!

    I made some AWESOME cookies the other day that I have been meaning to post. They are my new favorite cookie. Maybe I will make them again on Friday to celebrate the holiday! *lol* I think I'll be posting them on Saturday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like so much fun!! What cute little pumpkin pies!

    ReplyDelete